Friday, January 7, 2011

Bucket List - Part 2


When I was a kid, my 5+ page long bucket list included some pretty crazy things, including but not limited to: Dance on the moon, be a lighthouse keeper, live with Bedouin nomads, and own a llama farm. While I'd still love to go to the moon, a few of my childhood dreams are slightly less appealing to me now than they were then. But for any item I ever removed from my list, I've added at least 2 more in its stead! In honor of the new year, I've decided to go ahead and publish my newly updated, freshly revised bucket list for all the world to see. (And by all the world, I mean you, my 7 loyal, dedicated followers.) And I want to hear what's on your list too! Leave me a comment with some of your top must-dos before you peace-out of this life!

So without further ado and in no particular order, my ever-growing, ever-evolving, never-finished bucket list:
-Take my hubby to see Matthew Good in concert in Canada
-See "air jaws" (jumping great white sharks) from inside a diving cage in South Africa
-Swim in the "jellyfish lake" in Palau

-Go to Bora Bora
-Visit all 7 continents (3 down, 4 to go)
-Publish a book
-Live on a sailboat and sail around the world
-Get my SCUBA certification
-Go skydiving
-Become fluent in another language
-Participate in an archaeological dig
-Go to outer space
-Learn to fly a plane
-Tour Italy
-Make my own wine (including grape stomping)
-Live in Ireland
-Go back to Hurricane Island in Maine and jump off the pier at dawn
-Adopt children 
-Own a vineyard (even just a little one) 
-Learn to make artisan cheese
-Become a nationally known public speaker
-Ride an elephant through Thailand
-See Ankor Wat
-Climb the great pyramid in Egypt
-Visit the Louvre
-Swim with the resident elephant in the Andaman islands


-Attend a live filming of "Top Gear"
-Be part of a flash-mob [ACHIEVED!]
-Experience a completely natural childbirth
-Learn organic farming
-Grow my own peonies
-Learn to play the violin/fiddle
-Play Irish folk music on said violin/fiddle
-Go on an African safari
-Swim at a phosphorescent beach at night
-Visit Versailles
-Teach sex-ed in sub-Saharan Africa
-Go hang-gliding
-Go white-water rafting [ACHIEVED!]
-Snorkel/scuba the great barrier reef
-Go to New Zealand
-Run a 5k [ACHIEVED!]
-Swim in the Seven Sacred Pools in Maui
-Learn to surf
-Go to Scotland. Look for the Loch Ness Monster while there
-Stay in the Red Room at Castle Leslie in Ireland again
-Get a sleeper car on an over-night train ride
-Swim with wild dolphins
-See humpback and orca whales in the wild
-Swim with manatees
-Be a Weekie Watchie Mermaid


-See the Northern Lights
-Visit Victoria Falls
-See pink dolphins in the Amazon river
-Visit the Holy Land
-See Machu Picchu
-Visit the Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam, Holland
-Visit Auschwitz
-Go to Amish country
-Watch a volcano erupt
-Spend some time on an old-fashioned tall ship
-Live overseas for at least a year
-Chase a tornado
-Eat at the Hello Deli in NYC
-Visit the islands of Greece
-Go to Morocco
-Attend a wedding in India
-Become a travel writer
-Hike part of the Appalachian trail
-Cliff-dive off a waterfall
-Go hiking in Hawaii
-Camp on the beach
-Learn to Irish step dance
-Attend a masquerade ball in Venice or Paris

And there is oh-so-much to be added to this list, so let's consider it "to be continued..."

1 comment:

  1. I don't have a bucket list. I didn't even know what a bucket list was until I was the movie "Bucket List". ;-) I have big dreams that I keep in my head. I've never really thought about it. I'm sure mine wouldn't be as amazing and adventurous as yours. I'm a wimp. Although, I did go cliff diving over the summer. Not off of a waterfall, though.

    I loved reading this, though. It has you written all over it. You tropical mermaid, you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete