Sunday, October 2, 2011

Favorite Fall Flicks

I don't do "scary." Slasher-style horror flicks and gory, jump-scare haunted houses can kiss my grits. But I do love great stories that bring to mind the mysterious, spooky, and just plain delightful nature of this fabulous time of year! Here are some favorites if you're looking for a great cooler-weather movie night this season:

This is one of our all-time-favorite "Poovey classics." Truly, the clever writing and hilarious story line are even more delightful to adults than to kids. We don't get tired of this one, and quote it often ;)


Set on Halloween night, "Arsenic and Old Lace" is just as laugh-out-loud funny today as it was in 1944. We enjoyed this classic this past weekend and enjoyed every minute of it.



Oh Tim Burton, can you do no wrong? Hitting just the right balance of clever, witty, charming, and spooky, the "Corpse Bride" is the perfect October delight.


And if you were a Disney-bred child of the 80's like myself, maybe you also fell in love with their animated interpretation of "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" like I did! It's one of my all-time favorite spooky stories, and Disney's version pretty much defined the Halloweens of my childhood. You can check out the full original version here.

Do you have any favorite Fall-flicks? Let's hear 'em! Until then, I'll be curled up with a cozy blanket, a steaming mug of cider, and one of our personal faves!

No comments:

Post a Comment