Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Fever


"It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!" ~Mark Twain

Time for some transparency: I've been having a really rough couple of weeks. Some things in my life that I thought were quite stable have been shaken up a bit (or more than a bit), and God is teaching me some pretty major stuff through it. So I want to take a minute to focus of some of the things that I'm just loving right now (and there's always alot to love people. Truly.)

1. Wisteria. My absolute favorite thing about Spring. And overnight, it's here! Lush, abundant, untamed, fleeting, and sweet. I will simply drench myself in those heavenly blossoms for as long as I can. I would swim in them if I could.

2. That bright, blinding Spring-green that's blowing up all over the crackly winter forest.

3. Those amazing white pear blossom flowers that look like snow balls and fall and blow all over everything.

4. Daylight after I get home from work!

5. The fact that I have so much fresh, hydroponic basil growing on my kitchen counter right now that we have to say things like "we need to cook with a ton of basil this week." Twist my arm!

6. Wide-open windows.

7. Bulb flowers popping up everywhere like it's their job. They're all like, "I've been chillin' here all winter long and you didn't even know it! And now here I am! Surprise!"

8. I have the best husband in the world. No joke.

9. I got to spend the whole weekend with my mom! In Maryland! At a wedding! She's the bestest.

10. I danced my booty off at said wedding. Like, for real. Poppin' and lockin' in the middle of a dance circle. "Bustin' a move" as my mom describes it. (And to hear her say that is absolutely, positively, just as funny as it sounds.)

11. I seriously have the best family that has ever existed in the history of the world. Those who know them totally agree with me.

12. Literally almost falling over with laughter with my mom, aunts, grandparents, and cousins this weekend.

13. Three words: Cadberry Cream Eggs.

14. Making homemade pizza margherita for dinner, complete with fresh, made-from-scratch tomato sauce, home-grown basil, a glass of cab-sav, and a bruschetta appetizer drizzled with 18 year old balsamic vinegar. Why would anyone ever give up carbs? For real.

15. Kayaking season. Took our first spin of 2011 last weekend with a group of friends, and in our "experienced river folk" hubris, managed to totally eat rocks on our first rapid of the day. It was a complete blast! I love that me and my hubs can flip a boat over mid-rapid, get completely soaked and banged up in the freezing water, climb back in, navigate out, and be laughing and singing the whole way down!

So what are you loving right now? Happy almost-Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment