Sunday, September 26, 2010

A day of rest.

Today was a good day.

First off, the weather has been rainy and breezy and FABULOUS all day long.

It's 70 degrees outside and I am currently basking in the cool Autumn wind from my cozy sleigh bed. Bliss.

We tried a new church this morning with a gaggle of friends and really, really liked it. We felt super welcome, and the worship was smokin'.

We then proceeded to kidnap two more friends from their home (one of whom was still in her pajamas - not naming any names of course...) and dragged them off to brunch, which was a heavenly affair. I wish I'd had the camera with me. We filled up a long outdoor cafe table like a giant, jolly Italian family and drank great coffee and ate french toast and talked about the places we wanted to visit and the adventures we've had and yet to have. All while enjoying the overcast skies and fresh breezes. Together. My family-of-friends.

A quick power-nap with the husband later, and me and the girls were walking the Lake Murray dam in the pouring rain, chatting about life and love and babies, not minding one bit that we were sopping wet.

So many beautiful, exciting things are coming up soon for so many of the people I love. It makes me just want to skip!

For example, this beautiful momma-to-be and her munchkin (he's in the belly):


I can't wait to meet this little fella and be his Auntie come January!

I'm also pretty excited about modeling for this:


...as a mermaid. Oh yes, you heard me right. November 3rd ladies and gents - don't miss out!

And on a completely different note, don't you just think that the world would be a better place if boys dressed like this all the time?


Yeah, I thought you'd agree.

Enjoying the lazy-Sunday-things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment